03-18-2017 06:32 PM
My pavilion dm4-3013cl laptop is supposed to come with a "Bluetooth with WiDi" device (see http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03151854, "Wireless Connectivity"), but no bluetooth devices appear in my device manager. Does that mean that there is no way a bluetooth device could be in my laptop - or is it possible that a bluetooth device IS in my laptop, but the device manager is not recognizing it? If it's possible that a bluetooth device is there, but the device manager is not recognizing it, how can I get the device manager to recognize it?
Thank you all in advance for any assistance you provide!
03-19-2017 06:43 AM
See if you can turn on the bluetooth radio by using the HP Connection Manager software that should have been installed at the factory.
If you do not have that program, install it, restart the PC and launch the Connection Manager software to see if it detects and can turn on the blueooth radio.
This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supportednotebook models and operating systems.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)