Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (212 Views)

dv 6700 windows 10 wifi adapter drops out

Product Name: Pavillion dv6700
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded the OS on my old Pavillion dv6700 notebook from Vista to Windows 10. The wireless network adapter often drops out when the device is not in use - it may work okay for days, or  sometimes only minutes. Sometimes running the troubleshoot routine resets the adapter and sometimes the adapter has to be disabled and then re-enabled. (Turning the laptop off and on again also works.) I understand that this is an old device, but everything else works fine and even though this problem is relatively easy to rectify, it is annoying.

Is there a simple solution to this issue. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: dv 6700 windows 10 wifi adapter drops out

Hi:

See if unchecking the 'allow windows to turn off this device to save power' box on the power options tab for the wireless card works for you.

What model wireless card does your notebook have?

There may be other tweaks you can do on the Advanced tab.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I will try the solution re power options. 

The wireless card is the original installed Intel Wireless WiFi line 4965AGN

I assume that HP has not updated the driver for this card for Windows 10 - Is that correct?

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (172 Views)

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is correct.

You can try the latest W7 driver and see if that is newer than the one W10 installed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22116/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

2nd file on the list is for 64 bit.

I have the 4965 AG in my HP 6910p notebook also running W10 and it works just fine.

Go into the advanced settings for the card and enable WMM, under AdHoc QOS Mode

Here is a typical advanced setup list for Intel cards.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html

I also set Roaming Agressiveness to Lowest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation