Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

elitebook 8540p with windows 10 64bit bluetooth not seeing my new bluetooth mouse and keyboard

HP Recommended
hp elitebook 8540p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i recently purchased this laptop and it already had windows 10 on it.  First off the bluetooth worked fine connecting my headphones to the computer. now im trying to connect a microsoft designer bluetooth mouse and keyboard but my computer doesnt see them both in and out of pairing mode. i tested the mouse and keyboard on another device to make sure it wasnt a defective product.

Ive tried updating the bluetooth drivers but it says they already have the latest update

ive tried restarting the computer, turning bluetooth off and back on.

basically the only thing i havent tried is deleting the bluetooth drivers and reinstalling because i havent been able to find the driver download i need.

so i need help fixing the bluetooth and or a link to the bluetooth drivers that i need

i know my laptop has the original manufacture bluetooth but i cant find drivers for it for windows 10.

in the device manager under bluetooth i have,

altec BT sport - my bluetooth headphones

generic bluetooth adapter

microsoft bluetooth enumerator

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have now also tried a new usb bluetooth adapter and i have the same issue

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation