Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-03-2022 02:48 PM
so i recently bought this chromebook as a quick replacement for a laptop whilst my other one is being repaired. now however upon starting it up for the first time, i cannot seem to open the google play store. sometimes it gives me error code 2, sometimes 5 and sometimes 6. all of which i think have something to do with network settings.
I tried connecting to diffrent wifi networks on diffrent routers from different providers, but nothing works.
now, when i run a diagnostic, the only error i get is ´ćannot connect to gateway´ or something along that line anyways. any help you can provide would be most appreciated as i really need this thing to work asap.
With kind regards
11-07-2022 04:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Chromebook 14a-Na0000. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document:
Factory reset your Chromebook
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
- Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
- Once you've reset your Chromebook:
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook
- Check if the problem is fixed
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community