04-30-2017 02:58 PM
I have a duel band router 2.4 & 5.0 the computer only see's the 2.4 and not the 5.0 anyone know why?
The router is in the same room as the computer about 20ft away. I connect vie wifi.
04-30-2017 03:55 PM - edited 04-30-2017 03:56 PM
Many laptops only see 2.4GHz because their wireless cards do not support 5.0GHz. In many cases, you can't replace the wireless card in your machine. What is yours ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)