Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,171 24,126 2,049 3,181
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp 14-db0090nr loses connection in sleep mode

@mdhartwell Greetings from the HP Community!

There are some known bugs that might be your issue, but we have to eliminate the normal problems first.

The only way to determine if your connectivity problem is caused by your Chromebook or your router is to test the Chromebook at other locations. If it can't connect anywhere, the problem is in your Chromebook and you will need to contact the manufacturer or a repair shop.

If you are using a managed device from a school or company, it may be restricted to only certain networks. Contact your administrator if that is the case.

If you can connect to the WiFi network, but you can't get any internet content, you are probably dealing with a captive portal WiFi system. Let us know if that is the situation, and we can give you some techniques that will help you sign in to the portal.

See this Help site to get started with troubleshooting. Be aware that some older routers simply aren't compatible with Chromebooks due to incomplete or obsolete network protocol implementations. The Chromebook is always being updated to provide the latest and most secure connections possible. 

Run the Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics to help identify the actual problem. You can download that app here if it is not already installed: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation