Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have HP 250 g1 laptop with  intel 2020m processor. It has RT3290LE  wifi card which provides very poor wifi cennection.  And it also has single antenna. What wifi card would you suggest?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

With only one antenna wire, I recommend this model WIFI card with Bluetooth.

The card was designed to work with only one antenna wire.

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter    HP part # 753077-001

You can probably find one on eBay.  Find a seller that will ship to Turkey.

HP Recommended

Thanks for advice. I was looking for dual band wifi adapter and adding extra antenna for it. I will choose what is going to worth it.

The question is : does motherboard support?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would go with this one...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter  HP part # 730668-001.

If you don't add a second antenna wire, the Bluetooth won't work.

HP Recommended

Oh, is other antenna for bluetooth? Actually, no need for bluetooth but i will add second antenna for full function and ,of course satisfaction. 🙂 Thank you very much

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Pretty much the auxiliary antenna terminal is used for Bluetooth, but the wifi probably would work a little better with two antenna wires anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.