Though about 10 yrs old, ( I have 25 yr old dell and other laptops working fine with win 10) the wifi/wireless net on this laptop was working fine . recently, wifi would not find any available wireless network though the hardware blue indicator light seems to be up most of the time.
- ethernet wireline adapter mostly works OK though sometimes did not come up.
- tried even another brnad new external wifi usb netadapter (realtek 802.11 N/ac) same issue no available network.
-new router netgear works fine with all other laptop and remember worked fine for many moths no-issue. No physical hw damage on the laptop or router
-bios F20, did not see one setting regarding wifi or network ( I think I even reset to default config)
- have another identical Hp G71 laptop that still works totally fine . but noticed bios is F21 ( though saw no difference in settings) - explain that!
- MS windows so called support experts could not fix, and have no explanations except directing me to HP support.
- except for auto windows periodic update ( happens almost every week or even more frequently) , did not change anything. though can't help but thinking one of these updates might have screwed it up and do not even report such error.
- windows troubleshoot could not find any issue except " can't connect to wifi network" (duh!)
-clean reinstalled windows 10 multiple times even by the microsoft people, even tried clean install ubuntu linux 20.04 LTS
- nothing works
- I was thinking about copying the BIOS from the working G71 laptop and reinstall on this machine. How do I do that? - can you suggest as I can not find the BIOS F21 or any other BIOS upgrade from hp or the OEM
This has been very frustrating, could any hp laptop expert help? Thank you in advance
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".