Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi..i have an hp compaq 620 with windows 7...my wireless works  normally until one day when i presed the wireless  button and it's colour didn't change..it remains orange..so..because of that i can't detect any wireless connection in range..i  have tried to change and update the wireless driver  but  with no success..

pls reply me..

thx in advence

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

I'm having this problem too. I have read many other HP wireless problem issues all with different answers and options; however, this is the only one that is the Compaq 620 and it has not been given an answer. Can someone please respond as I have all the hardware and devices to run off wifi now but the laptop is the only one that can't register. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok i think i have the solution for this... Go in Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network Connections . Then disable the wireles network connection (right click on Wireless Network Connection then disable)... After that go right click on the WNC and click diagnose... The problem should be fixed after that...

HP Recommended

I can do the first 2 steps but there is nothing that says Network connections.  There is 'connect to a network' but there is obviously no wireless network set up in the connections as it can't be turned on to find the network.

HP Recommended

Ok try this.... Go in control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center then on the left side you should have "Change adapter settings" option... After doing this, right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon then click disable. Do diagnose on Wireless Network Connection and it should be fix... It works for me. Peace

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, The diagnosis said to 'use the switch on the front of computer to enable wireless capability on this computer'.  This is the problem I'm having is that the key on the keyboard with the wireless signal will not activate the wireless capability it won't change from orange light to green.  This seems to be a common problem with HP computers as I've read with other forums, just haven't seen the answer to fixing it with this particular computer with Windows 7.  Any ideas?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem with my compaq 620, you need to re-install the wireless card drivers etc.

*Hope this Helps*
**Click the Kudos to the left if you think this helps**
***Click accept as solution if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

That is, you need to un install wireless drivers and re-install all relevant drivers that match your wireless card

Yours

Greg

*Hope this Helps*
**Click the Kudos to the left if you think this helps**
***Click accept as solution if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

This does work as I was helping Nighthunter226 as he did it because, his wireless wouldn't connect to my networks. An now that he has done this it works.

HP Recommended

Sorry to wake up such an old thread, but I have a solution that I think might work for anyone who reads this thread in the future.

Go to the device manager > right-click the wireless network card > go properties > advanced > radio on/off. See on the right hand side if the radio is disabled. In my case it was, and it didn't help to press the button, the led was still amber. Turning this setting to enabled however, did.

In my case this is a school that's got about 50 of these units, and somehow the students (or some kind of malfunction) turns the radio off so I manually have to turn it back on. Very annoying. There seem to be no quick fix either; I've tried Fn + Wireless, Shift + Wireless etc etc.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.