Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp notebook 15-da0014dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my laptop with an ethernet cable.  I believe I have a standard RF-45 cable but it doesn't fit.  Can you provide the specs for the connector I need or is there an adapter of some sort?  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Darth_Blader 

I have a HP 255 G7 notebook that uses the same case as yours.

There is a plastic guard/door that partially covers the ethernet port.

You have to gently push down on that covering and it will swing down and reveal the full size port.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

nothing in particular obviously
but maybe this is the way to clip it, but I can't find anything here

RJ-45 (network) jack/status lights
Connects a network cable.
  • White: The network is connected.
  • Amber: Activity is occurring on the network.

15-da0014dx Product Specifications

External ports
2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only); 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45;

User Guide

Connecting to a wired network—LAN (select products only) Use a LAN connection if you want to connect the computer directly to a router in your home (instead of working wirelessly), or if you want to connect to an existing network at your office.Connecting to a LAN requires an RJ-45 (network) cable and a network jack or an optional docking device or expansion port, if there is no RJ-45 jack on the computer.To connect the network cable, follow these steps:1.Plug the network cable into the network jack (1) on the computer.2.Plug the other end of the network cable into a network wall jack (2) or router.NOTE:If the network cable contains noise suppression circuitry (3), which prevents interference from TV and radio reception, orient the circuitry end of the cable toward the computer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @Darth_Blader 

I have a HP 255 G7 notebook that uses the same case as yours.

There is a plastic guard/door that partially covers the ethernet port.

You have to gently push down on that covering and it will swing down and reveal the full size port.

HP Recommended

Little plastic guard door was the answer.  Simple when you know how.  Thanks for accurate and quick response.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.