Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv 6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start a laptop for the first time in the morning laptop fails to connect to wifi automatically. To connect I need to disable the network driver and enable it again in the device manager. If I restart the laptop any other time also it fails to connect. I need to follow the same driver to enable disable the process. I am using wifi driver (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection). I tried updating the driver also but the driver shows the best drivers for your device are already installed. Windows version I am using is Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Can I change wifi device driver? Please suggest to me how to get rid of the automatic wifi connection issue.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

Router/Modem

Set the lease time to maximum and allocate/fix/reserve an IP address.

C:\ipconfig -all

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : broadband
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : 
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.77(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 17 May 2020 10:21:18
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 23 June 2156 17:45:37
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Then match the adapter IP address to the Router/Modem.

My old Router/Modem settings were...

Eth IPv4.pngNetwork PolyGlot.png

MANUAL option.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion. My router settings are maintained by ISP I can't make any changes to the router. I will try asking my ISP to change the lease time.

HP Recommended

Hi:

What I had to do to get my Intel 3945 to work correctly on W10 was to change the wireless mode from a/b/g to b/g.

You can find the different wifi card settings in the advanced settings tab for the wifi card in the device manager.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support. I tried changing a/b/g to b/g. Let me check will this works fine. Will let you know if it works fine 

HP Recommended

"change the wireless mode from a/b/g to b/g" didn't work as expected. Even after changing it, wifi doesn't pick up automatically when I restart the machine. I need to follow the same old process disabling wifi driver and enabling it and connecting wifi manually.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

What is the driver version and date that W10 installed for your Intel wifi adapter?

HP Recommended

wireless.pngPlease check driver details in the image I have shared .thanks

HP Recommended

You have the latest driver installed.

I was hoping there was a newer one I could give you.

I do have an older one if you want to try it.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46817.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks PAUL

Let me check and get back to you

Greetings 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.