Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Reopening this problem of network device driver disappearing. only had this machine for less than a month! reloaded device driver and it worked temporarily but the same problem occurred again.  at the advice of hp support also loaded new bios and also returned the pc back to original factory settings/software. wi-fi temporarily worked, but by the next morning again the network device driver disappeared.  waiting now to see if hp will receive it for fixing.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Same problem since the end of last week. Already re-set the pc with HP assistance on the phone. After that it worked for 10 minutes and then again unable to see any network.

If a restart I can then connect for few minutes and then back agian to no networks detected, no wifi.

Is there a way to fix this without sendind the laptop away?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @izumity@RobertaLondon,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and information!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have done all your Windows updates and ran the HP Support Assistant .

When you contacted HP support they reset your notebook and it worked fine for 10 minutes.

It sounds as if the computer is turning off the wireless.  Would you check this setting.

Go to Device Manager.

Click on the network adapter to expand the list.

Right click on the network adapter and choose properties.

Click on the power management tab.

If allow this computer to turn off this device to save power is checked please remove the check.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎 that may also help.

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up button below.

If this corrected the issue for you, please tell other people by choosing solution provided, thus allowing it to be located with greater ease.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The Stream 11 network device does not appear in the device manager after installing Windows 10.

This problem has been reported and responded to many times, and the responses are always things like reinstall the driver or flash the bios.  These do not work.  

If there any way that you can bump this problem up a level?  It's not just a couple people.  It's all Stream11's with Windows10.  It's not the network driver.  It's something with the network card not being recognized by the operating system.

HP Recommended

Hi @PopeyeCT,

Thank you for your query.

I understand you have had an on going issue with the network adapter and have tried numerous solutions without success as attested to in the following  two threads.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/HP-Stream-11-d060sa-no-Broadcom-Wifi-...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/HP-Stream-11-after-Windows-10-lost-wi...

I am not sure if you have  tried resetting the TCP/IP  yet so here are the steps to follow.

To reset TCP/IP you must have administrative rights.

Right click on the Windows button (lower left corner) and choose command prompt admin.

Type:

1. netsh int reset all and press enter
  2. .netsh int ip reset and press enter.
  3. netsh winsock reset and press enter.

Reboot the machine.

If  the issue remains and you have not contact HP support please do. 

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

If you have contacted HP support and the issue remains please let me know.

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

There's nothing wrong with the TCP/IP stack. It's the DEVICE that dissappears.

Reinstalling the drivers doesn't help, the device still doesn't show in the Device manager.

If you chose to show hidden devices, at first you can see it. It will tell you that it's not connected to the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi @Peffy,

Thank you for the update.

I would try to test the wireless card for a hardware issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎. The wireless will be located under the component option.

Please contact HP support for further assistance.  With your permission they can remotely connect to your system to help find and fix issues.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

These suggestions about updating and troubleshooting links are useless when you have no internet connection!!!  That should be obvious.

HP Recommended

Hi @PatN1,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More  What is your precise model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What is your operating system? 

I grasp that you are unable to connect to your wireless network.  Were there any changes made just prior to this issue? Here is a link to a post by @Great-deku Tree that may help. Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know the results.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.