Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

i would like to know how to make my HP laptop only see my internet access and not any of my neighbors

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rjh1956,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you the laptop to see only your wireless router.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that it is not possible to make the laptop see only your wireless network. The laptop will see all the wireless networks in the wireless range and broadcasting their SSID when you scan the wireless networks. The only way you can stop seeing other networks is when your neighbors stop broadcasting their router SSID.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.