1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

im not able to connect my pc with my 5ghz

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello  hp world 

i have issue withi my laptop  name of the laptop is HP Laptop 15-bs0xx  im not able connect my laptop with wifi 5ghz and the wifi name are not show in my laptop wifi search box 

its my hubble  request to hp please solve my issue 

1 REPLY 1
pepe999
Level 10
4,438 4,399 450 757
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP used to put only 2.4GHz compatible wireless cards in their laptops as it saved the battery life(more important than being connected). You need to make sure your wireless adapter is 5GHz compatible. Go to your control panel/device manager and do a quick check of the wireless card(specs, google it). It's highly likely that the card doesn't support 5GHz connection..

Gigabyte G5 Linux Mint
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation