Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
BCM20702A0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a PCI mini half card which provides wifi and bluetooth. It is labeled BCM94313HMGBLP1, but it shows up as BCM20702A0 in Device Manager.

Two questions:

1) is this the HP number which corresponds to the Broadcom device, or did I get ripped off ?

2) I installed drivers for it, but only the bluetooth function shows up. are there separate drivers for wifi. and if so, where can I find them ?

TIA for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model wifi adapter is not supported for W10.

The last drivers released for it were for W8.1.

You need this W10 Bluetooth driver because the BCM20702A0 device is the Broadcom Bluetooth adapter portion of the wifi card.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

Depending on how old your notebook is, you may be able to replace the Broadcom card with a newer one, but I would have to know the full model number or product number of your notebook.

If it was made in 2011 or earlier, upgrading the Broadcom wifi card would not be an option.

HP Recommended

oddly enough, the result of plugging the card into a mini PCI socket in my laptop running Windows 10 and loading the driver you linked to produces the following results:

Both the wifi and bluetooth adapters show up in Device Manager

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter PCI device 4727 = BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter

Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter PCI device 21E3 = BCM20702A0 HP Portable Valentine

I can get that laptop and another one to see each other on wifi using a Netgear router with wifi built in and DHCP running on the LAN side. Each laptop takes an IP address and they can ping each other through the router. I can get the laptops to see each other, pair and transfer files via bluetooth (with the wifi router shut off).

If, however, I try to connect the wifi to a hotspot (in a restaurant), the laptop with the Broadcom card will say connected and secured, but any attempt to bring up a web page results in a connection reset.

I am going to use wifi diag tools to further investigate that, but it seems that the card is actually working very nicely.

An interesting part of this is that the laptop in question only has a single antenna wire, intended for the wifi connection, which is all the original card had, and that card only has a single antenna terminal.

I am still interested in knowing why the card has BCM94313HMGBLP1 printed on it, but it shows up as BCM20702A0.

Does anyone know what the part numbers correspond to ? is the 20702 referring to the bluetooth function on the card, as opposed to the whole card ?

I would love to have a sheet which indicates which terminal is for what, and a few more specs on the device. I can install a second antenna wire for the wifi/bluetooth function (whichever one is missing), and in fact as I understand it, the antennas for wifi and bluetooth are tuned to different frequenceis, so that is probably the best approach.

Anybody have that information ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.