Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (244 Views)

intel (r) dual band wireless adapter not working

[ Edited ]
Product Name: hp notebook 14-an018au 14
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently booted my laptop to windows 10 and found that all my drivers were missing and after that I tried downloading drivers on another computer and installed it on my notebook but the wireless adapter was still not working and ip config command is blank and says that media is disconnectred.I went to device manager and i found that intel(R) dual band wireless adapter 3165 is not starting i don't  know the reason please suggest me a solution for this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: intel (r) dual band wireless adapter not working

Hi @abdulrafi,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with your Wireless adapter not working. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to reinstall the Wireless drivers?

Have you tried to update the drivers using Windows update?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook:

Next thing, I would suggest here is to download, the Wi-Fi drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest If you are able to connect to the internet using Ethernet cable, I would suggest you update the Wi-Fi drivers using this link.

* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.

* Now try to connect to the internet wireless.

* For further assistance, click here

Here's a related HP Forum post that seemed to have helped others: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation