09-11-2019 07:36 PM
My computer will randomly disconnect from the WiFi. It could be going for 2-3 hours and then disconnect, or it could be connected for 30min and then disconnect. I have tried troubleshooting and sometimes i even have to restart my computer. I'm not sure how to get this fixed as it just started a couple weeks ago.
09-14-2019 03:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
While you respond to that, try these steps -
Step 1 Network Troubleshooter -
1) In the search box, type and open "Troubleshooter".
2) Click on "Network and Internet".
3) Click on "Internet Connections".
Step 2 Run Network commands -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
2) At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Step 3 Re-install the Network Adapter -
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
If the issue still persists, try testing the hardware -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Wi-Fi module test.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee