04-08-2019 11:48 AM
new HP Spectre, keep getting bumped off wifi, get error saying default gateway not availble?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-09-2019 06:25 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
The steps below to ensure your power management settings are not interfering with your network connection:
1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Open up NETWORK ADAPTERS
3. Right click on the WiFi Adapter for the pc and left click on PROPERTIES
4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.
5. Remove the check mark beside: ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER
6. Click OK
7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.
If the issue persists, I recommend following the steps below, starting with a flush of the DNS:
1. Click the Start button
2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"
3. Right-click Command Prompt
4. Click Run as administrator
5. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter
6. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee