Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14t-dh000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem: my laptop's Bluetooth pairs with my cellphone and my earbuds but will not connect to them.

Devices: HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 Home w/ the latest updates
Moto G Power (2021) cellphone, Android v11
Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro earbuds w/ the latest firmware
Soundcore app (Android)

The phone has no trouble connecting to the earbuds, but:

-- The laptop's Bluetooth says it's paired with both the Moto G and the Liberty 3 earbuds, it won't connect to them. Windows' Device Manager does have both the phone and the earbuds listed under "Bluetooth."

-- The Moto's Bluetooth lists the laptop as "Previously connected" but when I try to re-connect there's a brief flash of "Connecting" then goes back to paired-but-not-connected. It will do this over and over. The same thing happens when I try to connect the earbuds to the laptop directly from the phone.

-- If I try to connect via the Soundcore app, using "Add device," the app searches but doesn't find the laptop. When I select "Set up manually" from the app's "Don't see your device?" screen, I get a list of other headphone and speaker, but not PCs. "Don't see your device?" on that screen says that the app only supports the devices on the list. But I assume that this won't matter if I can get the laptop connected directly to the earbuds.

So:
-- Why does the laptop refuse to connect to the phone or the earbuds that it's paired with? Why does the phone refuse to connect with the laptop?

-- Things I've tried, after looking at lots of online suggestions (none of them have worked):

: Removing the phone and the earbuds from the laptop's Bluetooth and re-pairing them again.

: Restarting the laptop and the phone, and turning them off and then on again, separately and together.

: Turning Bluetooth off and then on again, separately for the laptop and the phone and together for the two devices.

: Making sure that the laptop's Bluetooth Support Service is running and is set on Automatic Startup and Bluetooth user Support Service is set on Manual (Trigger Start).

: Checking the laptop's Bluetooth driver; Windows says it has the latest driver.

: Running Windows' Bluetooth troubleshooter.

Suggestions?
Thanks --

I'm also sending this question to Microsoft, Motorola, & Soundcore tech support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.