cancel
Shri88 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

laptop getting disconnected frequently from my wifi

This feedback is regarding my disappointment about the hp laptop i bought 2 days back. I bought the model Hp pavilion 15- Af006ax. The laptop is frequently disconnecting from my wifi. I went back to the vendor and told him bout the issue. He asked me to install windows 10 which i did. I also double checked all the drivers and they have been installed properly. But my problem still persists. I searched the net regarding hp laptops having similiar issue and i got plenty results saying how bad the wifi problem is with the hp laptops. I evn contacted hp cstmer care where i was again told the same thing which is to use windows 10 instead of windows 7 which i did. But it dint help.i m regretting my decision of opting for hp. It would be very helpful i recieve a technician from hp to sort out the issue.I hope the company cares bout their cstmers coz i seriosly doubt
If i vl recommend hp laptops to any1 if my problem is not soved
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,340 1,165 2,369
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shri88,

Good day. Welcome to the HP Community 🙂  Hope you are doing well.  🙂  I understand that you require assistance regarding Wi-Fi connectivity issues with your PC. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

Fabulous analysis.  Terrific diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is paramount to address this for you. We definitely value your relation with HP and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• How long does it stay connected before it disconnects?
  • Have you tried a wired connection to check if that works fine?
  • Do other devices stay connected to the same network without hassles?

For now please try the troubleshooting steps from this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Common-fixes-for-wireless-connectivity...

Then update the bios, chipset and network drivers from this link based on your operating system: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8524986

If this does not work, then there could be a hardware issue with the unit and it needs to be serviced. You can do this by contacting HP phone support by following these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the factory warranty should take care of repairs for you.

If it is a new purchase from a local store, normally the store should a  have return window also.  

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Shri88 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.I am really sorry if i was rude in my previous post.But i hope you understand my frustration because I am not able to my work properly because of the issue

You see the laptop connects for 5-10 mins then it disconnects.
Somtimes it stays connectd for 20 mins then gets disconnected.And this goes on and on.
So i thought maybe its an issue with my wifi
So i check my other devices and they were working fine without any hassles.I also hav another laptop which works totally fine.
Other device like my cellphone too works fine.
I even checkd on my friend's laptop and it works great.
So its clear that only my hp laptop isn't working.
My main concern is that I hav jus bought the laptop 3 days back...and its giving problem straightaway.
I hope you get my dilemma.
You mentioned about the return window that the local store has in case of a new purchase...Can u please brief me more about it
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,340 1,165 2,369
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Shri88,

I reviewed the post. I thank you for your reply. I understand where you come from.

Regarding the store's return window, I will not have that information. Every store has its own processes and policies in place. Do not delay any further. Please check with the store.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation