Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-cs2073cl

a few months ago, my laptop was found to be in airplane mode and could not be taken out of it, so the computer could not be connected to the internet. It was still under warranty at this point, and ultimately Hp had us mail it back to them, they repaired it and sent it back. The computer has worked fine, up until yesterday morning when we turned on the computer and it was once again found to be in airplane mode - and it cannot be taken out of this mode no matter what we do.

I still have the case number and all relevant info from the last incident. The computer is now no longer under warranty, but since this is the exact same issue that was repaired while it was still under warranty - I feel that HP should still have to help since the problem was never truly "fixed". I can't seem to even find a phone number or even anything online where I can talk to a representative to discuss this issue?

I'm very frustrated, because I work in healthcare - in radiation oncology, and am required to work from home currently. Without my computer I have no way to do this. I am hoping posting this someone will be able to point me in the right direction

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jayjudy75

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please reinstall the wireless driver from Device Manager and check if that helps

Also let me know if you are able to go Online with the Ethernet cable

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Wireless driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the wireless driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello - thanks for the reply. Haven't had a chance to reply back before now - I have been really busy with work, and cannot get any work done from home currently without my laptop, so I have been at the hospital working many extra hours.

All of these things were done back when we first dealt with the issue and unfortunately, none of them worked. Which is why HP finally had us send in the computer for repairs. But I will go ahead and try again to see if they work this time. I'll report back once I have a chance to do it.

thanks

HP Recommended

@jayjudy75

Please try these steps and if the issue persists try a Reset

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello - I know it's been a while, but I have tried every one of these action more than once now, and none of them resolve the issue.  Since this happened a few months back and ultimately it had to be sent in to HP for repair I'm thinking this is a hardware issue??  Can you help me initiate whatever process I need to start to get it repaired?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.