Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jame55,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the Notebook is not turning on but there is a green led light on the power supply. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

Perform a Hard reset.

Start the computer using the battery only.

* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.

* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.

* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation