Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ro65tu,product number-J8B81PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hii ,suddenly my wifi adapter missing from device manager ,f12 button showing red ,all wireless connection gone.so i install RT3290 wifi adapter,but sometimes it work and disappear and automatically go in hidden devices of device manager,i refer to manufacturer site for driver ,then it showing this adapter Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers

,but this is not updated version i think,please tell me what to do please.provide me suitable driver

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@collins23 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with wireless.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

According to the HP driver website it is showing RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers.

Have you tried to install that drivers and checked?

Please perform the wireless module test.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose wireless module test  and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

thank u for response @praveen196

yes i checked memory and hardware test ,nothing fault shown.problem is  RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers from HP SITE not installing in my pc,when i am going to insatll it,command prompt page is open and automatically installing turned off.my f12 button showing red ,i insatlled native driver RT3290 but it automatically disappered from device manager after working  sometimes and gone to hidden devices.it disturbed my study from past 5 days.suggest something permanent plz,i already tried all the things in google,but no one given permanent solution.

HP Recommended

@collins23

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the System file check.

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196,i already done system file check,i want to install windows 10 version 2004 which may resolve my issue,but there is no internet in my pc to update it,i have no ethernet connection

HP Recommended

@collins23

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact the local service center in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

hey @praveen196,can u plz provide me the link of latest updated driver for my pc,because on hp site it is showing old driver of  RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers of version 2023.15.701.2015,even not installing in my pc.hp is not updating i think,check bluetooth latest driver also  .thank you

product number-J8B81PA#ACJ,SERIAL NUMBER-CND4505PYR,windows 10 ,64-bit,version 1909(os build 18363.1016)

HP Recommended

@collins23

There is no old driver is available on the HP website.

Have you tried to roll back the drivers and checked?

You may try on the Realtek website and check for the drivers. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196,I can't roll back my driver because driver is missing,even not in hidden devices. When i downloaded from hp website,driver is not installing in my pc.command prompt page is open and show wait for installing and automatically shut off.why  pc not installing this driver? I checked from realtek website and latest version is 2024 but they also not installing in my pc.can you tell me why they are not  installing?while other driver are installed easily.

HP Recommended

@collins23

Please update the BIOS and then try to update the wireless drivers and check.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.