Highlighted
skittlez92
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp pavilion 15-au018wm wont stay connected to wifi

Pavilion 15-au018wm

my pavilion 15-au018wm running windows 10 will not stay connected to wifi if i leave the room that the wifi router is in. it updated this morning and added a vpn program so im unsure if that has anything to do with it. i let my brother who is normally pretty good with computers take a look at it and he tried to uninstall the vpn program but its still showing in the menu but its no longer where it can be uninstalled.  please help me fix my computer i need it for work.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
skittlez92
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

***ADD***

our wifi router is in the living room

my mom has the exact same computer

i put my computer and her computer side by side in different rooms and her computer would stay connected the wifi and mine wont.

0 Kudos
Level 11
4,447 4,426 186 399
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I use Ccleaner to remove apps and their registry entries.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
skittlez92
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how does that solve my problem though 😆

0 Kudos
Level 11
4,447 4,426 186 399
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't know, can you define the problem?

"my pavilion 15-au018wm running windows 10 will not stay connected to wifi if i leave the room that the wifi router is in. it updated this morning and added a vpn program so im unsure if that has anything to do with it. i let my brother who is normally pretty good with computers take a look at it and he tried to uninstall the vpn program but its still showing in the menu but its no longer where it can be uninstalled. please help me fix my computer i need it for work."

The obvious solution is, don't leave the room.

If you think the VPN could be a contributing factor, and you want it removing, try Ccleaner.

Network PolyGlot.png

There are lots of settings the VPN install may have changed.  Power Management tab for instance.

BYE.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation