Nathan_Chibesa Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my laptop when connected to a wifi or ethernet cable always says limited....what could be the proble

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After troubleshooting it says DNS Server not responding
5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my laptop when connected to a wifi or ethernet cable always says limited....what could be the proble

Hi @Nathan_Chibesa,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the network connection. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
agag Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product number: l6z97ea#a2n
Operating system: win 8.1 pro x64

Wen i connect the cable of internet it says limitted and the wireless dose not work
What should i do?
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response...
Product number: L0T33UA#ABA

Looking forward to your response.
Regard
Nathan
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Tardis40
Thank you for your quick response...
Product number: L0T33UA#ABA

Looking forward to your response.
Regard
Nathan
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2245 146 291
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Nathan_Chibesa

Have you updated your network drivers? (You can download them on another device and save the files to a USB key to install via USB on your PC using this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-f200-Notebook-PC-series/7527799/model/8857447). 

Additionally, I advise you work through the steps in my colleague @Great-Deku-Tree's wireless fixes thread here.

Let me know the result of your troubleshooting at your leisure. If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to give me props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and accepting this solution.  

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day! 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation