08-10-2018 03:37 PM
My hp laptop connects to home wifi and the internet here and at other relatives houses fine. But it connects to hotspots or places like mcdonalds but wont get the internet. Ive tried the support assistant fixes like updating drivers, typing netsh commands in command prompt and settingb bios back to default but nothing helps.
08-11-2018 04:05 PM
Can we start with your settings by typing ipconfig -all please.
To get a connection you need an IP address. Then a Gateway IP.
DNS settings and username and password.
Of course you may have a 2.4 Ghz or 5.0 Ghz single frequency card.
more like Pythia, the priestess of Apollo.
Her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything,
mine more unintelligible than cryptic, but still just as valid.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)