Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

so i have had my router for a good year and a bit and i get great connection and signal usualy then yesterday all of a sudden it just drops off, my phone, tablet other phones around the house get the same usual signal and performance but my laptop cant connect and the rare occasion when it does it cant hold it for more then a minute, placing my laptop basicaly ontop of the router is how i am using it now. i always have my laptop and router in the same place my laptop in one room and router in the hall way away from any electrical items and it workes fine, i have reinstalled the drivers updated drivers, apart from taking the drivers out for a meal to get them to work i have no idea. any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply

My product number is E2U06EA#ABU

i have not done any of your suggestions problem has not changed

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@liambrown,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

What is the product number of your notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you tried to perform a System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine.

Did you try to run a test on the Wireless card from F2?

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply

My product number is E2U06EA#ABU

i have not done any of your suggestions problem has not changed

Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry situation not solved clicked wrong button, currently in the middle of a system restore on windows ten do you have a guide for it and have you got any other suggestions thanks

HP Recommended

@liambrown,

The instructions to perform a system restore would be - HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Now restart the computer and then check again.

Now, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Wireless card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you can try to check by changing the router channels. For this, I would personally suggest you contact your ISP or the router manufacturer for assistance.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for the suggestions but still no joy, i have done all the things you suggested and nothing along with changing wifi channels, side note that i forgot to say my battery went at around the same time it cant hold its charge and i was wondering if this has anything to do with wifi issue. Thanks

HP Recommended

@liambrown,

As you suspect this could be due to the battery failure. I'm afraid this should be effect the wireless connectivity issue.

In order to find if it's a software or hardware related issue, I would suggest you run a test on the wireless card.

This can be done from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Alternatively, you can follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control from Device manager: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

I would suggest please update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link: http://hp.com/drivers Select the country and language. Enter the product# and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) (Skip the steps if you have already performed).

Next thing, I would suggest here is to run the test on the battery from F2.(Click on Component test - Scroll down to Power)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.