Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my wifi is only when im right beside the wifi router

15r005tx
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

my hp 15r005tx shows wifi connection only beside the router. it shows range for non of the mobiles hotspots or and wifi connections unless they are placed right beside it. Also the wifi range it shows is weak even when wifi router is right next to it. apart from all this looses after every 5-10 minutes i have tried upgarding and reinstalling drivers multiple times but it was of no use. this is my first computer and i dont have a lot of knowledge about computers, also upgrading the pc drivers when internet connection barely lasts for 5 minutes is a very hectic task for me. The service centre guy is in no mood to solve my problems and blames the windows 10 upgrade for this issue but this thing happend 2 months after the upgrade. i feel very helpless about this problem... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i will be thankful for your reply...

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
36067 5404 9258
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my wifi is only when im right beside the wifi router

You have one of these wireless cards:

Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 690020-005

Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter 753077-005

Neither one is very good and I suspect your wireless card needs to be replaced. The major issue is that you might only have one (1) antenna which means the wireless is never going to be very good and it is not an easy task to open it up and check what you have. 

Manual

See page 61 of the Manual. 

The real easy thing to do is to disable the internal wireless card and just get a decent usb wireless adapter. You lose a usb port but you will finally have decent range. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation