Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my network adapter lists the following 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g, are any or all of these provide 5GHz router compatibility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

No.  2.4 GHz only.

You need to have 802.11a and/or ac for 5.0 GHz wifi.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

No.  2.4 GHz only.

You need to have 802.11a and/or ac for 5.0 GHz wifi.

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you for your answer.   One other question; will using a Linksys - AC1200 Dual-Band USB 3.0 Adapter - Black

Model:WUSB6300 SKU:9404119 attached to my HP envy 17 provide the 5GHz  for the laptop?  The linksys triband router / node product provides both 5GHZ and 2.4 GHz service  to the home wi fi.  I am trying to insure the devices in the house  use either 2.4 or 5 GHz and if not then trying to see if adapter(s) for the devices will become the next feature needed.

Thank you for your time.  As you can see, I'm more so in the novice category on this subject. My wife and daughters are the device owners in the house and obviously reliable quick coverage is important as they parade around with smart phones, tablets, laptops and the latest point of interest that being a  home and barn video surveillance cameras to keep us up to speed on any not yet introduced visitors to the house and our horses out in the barn.  So setting up this mesh wi fi is my next project to keep the girls smiling.  
Appreciated
Rich
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Rich.

Yes, that Linksys model wifi adapter would allow you to have dual band capability,

HP Recommended

Great thanks for the support.  Enjoy your summer

rb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.