Level 2
13 6 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

network speed dropped on my probook 6460b

hp probook 6460b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi today i installed the hard drive that came from a toshiba laptop into my hp probook 6460b laptop. i had to do a complete win 10 install over the internet.  all the time i was doing this and after my pc was using gigabit speed. then all of a sudden in is now at 100 mbps speed. i tried to use hp's site to download new drivers and after hp found my pc it would not let me do any downloads.

so what might i look for in fixing this. i did a network reset on win 10 and it is still the same. something has changed. this pc should be capable of gigabit speed if it was doing it before. anyone have some ideas i may try. thanks

1 REPLY 1
corvairbob
Level 2
13 6 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

network speed dropped on my probook 6460b

well i may have fixed it!  after i did some network resetting and restarting it was still the same but after i unplugged the cable and plugged it back in all of a sudden i got the 1000 gigabit lights to turn back on and the speed test shows over 100 gigabits speed. go figure. now to see if that holds up. but if anyone does have a way to make sure it stays please let me know. thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation