Mar21kius Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no connect to an wifi ad hoc netwok windows 10

realtek rtl 8188ee 802 11

I do not succeed in connecting to an ad hoc network with my pc in windows 10.

According to some tips (sees http://www.howto-connect.com/create-wireless-ad-hoc-internet-connection-on-windows-10/) this is becaus the function hosted network is not supported by the network adapter in my pc. 

Can you provide a driver to support the hosted network capability?

Thanks.

Mario Chiusano

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no connect to an wifi ad hoc netwok windows 10

Hello @Mar21kius,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your comment about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are trying to set up an ad-hoc network.

You can try checking the service manual for your product, to see if there is a replaceable WLAN Module, that can support that feature.  We are unable to provide information on if/when drivers will become available for that feature.  You can try to stay up to date with your drivers, using the  Windows Update.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation