Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14S notebook
Linux

i am trying to install kali linux on my hp 14s fr00012au notebook but its showing no ethernet card was detected.

Same also happen with garuda linux installation. Pls help me solve this problem. Below is the image of the errorWhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 13.38.41.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Laptop 14s-fr0012AU Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

According to the specs, there is no onboard ethernet (wired) adapter.

It only comes with wireless (Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo adapter).

You will need to get the Linux driver for the RTL8821CE wifi adapter, and no one here would be able to help you with that.

HP Recommended

So how can i use kali linux as dual boot in my laptop. pls help me in this.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

I have only run Windows operating systems on my PC's.

I suggest you post on a Linux forum because HP does not support your notebook for any other operating system but W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.