Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I would like to know why my computer keeps locking me out every few minutes.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Personalization, click the Screen Saver link in the bottom right and then in the following windows, remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display logon screen'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you, but unfortunately there is no Screen Saver on this computer.

I think that part of the trouble is this computer's touch pad which is black and apparently if I catch the left-hand top corner I get locked out, but even so, it's very difficult to "get back in" once this happens.

You may have guessed by now that I am computer ignorant and resent the "computer speech" which is beyond my understanding.

I even joined this forum by accident!   I just assumed that H.P. would give me a direct answer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't work for HP, just a private contributor.

I think I misunderstood the problem and assumed the computer was logging you out.  Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Mouse, click the Device Settings tab and then click the 'Settings' button.  Left click once on 'TouchPad Disable Zone' and then remove the tick from the box next to 'Double Tap to Enable Disable TouchPad'.  Click Apply and then click OK in all remaining open windows - this should disable the ability to turn on/off the TouchPad by double tapping the top left corner.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Dear DP-K,

How kind of you to apologize to me for not understanding the problem when it was my fault  for not making the problem more clear. A true gentleman.

However, I found " Mouse" in the "Ease of  Access  Centre" and felt very proud that I could actually do as you advised, but that was really because you gave me such clear instructions.  Many thanks.  Perhaps I can now stop beating my computer up every five minutes!

Kind Regards,

Lindaul.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and I'm glad you've got it sorted out.

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.