Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

pc dosnt see wifi far from router

Product Name: hp notebook 15-ay071ur
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi evrybody! i am new here and my english is not very good, sorry)

Please help me,- what to do? i got a new HP notebook, we instoled Windows 8.1, and at home i tryed to connect it to wifi. The problem is: only very close to the router- my new PC can see it, and when i go as far as let say 3-5 m- no wifi and even its dosnt see any network/ ( my DELL- old one- even can see others wifi from the street, and can be connected to my network evrewhere in my 3 levels  house/ its a big problem for me- i cant seet next to the router only to stay conected to wifi/My rouer is new also and good/ Smthg wrong with my new HP or it can be fixed somehow? thank u  for cleaf advise!!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: pc dosnt see wifi far from router

Hi @Sunflowe16,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

No worries about your English, if I do not understand something I will ask for clarification. I understand that you must be very close to your router. When I checked the specifications for your notebook, I saw that it came with FreeDOS 2.0. You have installed Windows 8.1. Have you  done all the Windows updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates? Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree.Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.. Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: pc dosnt see wifi far from router

Thank u very much!!!! i did half of ur suggestion, and i will do the other part,lets see,,,)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation