cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 0 0
Message 11 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
First they say they do. Not have details of model. Then about ,8 gb limited expansion. Regarding the manual u shared they say it's for bs0 not bs542 .in the manual it's written up to 16 gb there are 4-5 configuration in the rows which will belong to this model how to cheek?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,853 10,807 2,124 4,221
Message 12 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All the rows in the service manual are for different configurations of the same model. It is just to show how you can install 4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 12GB or 16GB in the same computer. Here is where I got the service manual from:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-bs000-laptop-pc/15551412/model/17033447/manuals

So either the website is wrong or HP India is wrong. I guess it depends if the model has one or two RAM slots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 0 0
Message 13 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How u arrived at bs0 model from 542tu?

Hp India was saying that bs542tu for usa and India can be different so not to see that manual. It's strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 14 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is not much more I can say. I guess 8GB of RAM should be enough and it will not make much difference having 16 GB of RAM. 

I believ models with the same name are always the same.

A better upgrade which would increase everyday performance of laptop a lot would be to replace the hard drive with an SSD.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 15 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you sure HP India is not looking at 14-bs542tu

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-14-bs000-laptop-pc/15551400/model/16840489/document/c0553223...

which has DDR3 RAM and max 8GB.

What type of RAM does HP India say that there is in the system? DDR4 or DDR3L?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 0 0
Message 16 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

they are saying 15- bs ony, and about DDR4 , but they say they could not find the documentation for it .

And by monday they can get it from singapore but today is last day, 1.5 hrs left for the discount offer.

Also i want to know that this model as intel 620 grphcs , but from the manuall its coming intel 520 for 6th gen dis and UMA.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 17 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has Intel HD 520 graphics and the spec page is wrong.

https://ark.intel.com/products/91157/Intel-Core-i3-6006U-Processor-3M-Cache-2_00-GHz

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 0 0
Message 18 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the mannual on indian website also, do'nt know why HP sales team could not.

David it seems u have very good knowledge of the arera. Need your advise. 

6100u proceesor is having good speed but now in india  6006u is only found , do'nt know why 6100u is not availbale.

Over Amazon India , I can find models which are of core i3 7th generation but less prices than HP site. However HP says that they may not be genuine products, like Dell also says.

Should I go for 6th generation 6006u process , or it seems its going to be oudated..

Also will i be able to load win 7 with drivers on this model. Hp does not help on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 19 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would go with an Intel 7th generation as the graphics will be much better and make sure there is DDR4. I live in Italy and buy a lot from Amazon without problems. I believe you can have some guarantees (maybe for small extra fee) from Amazon India and also buy from sellers which have very good reputation. 

You will be able to find the drivers for your system especially if you only have integrated graphics. It might mean searching for specific drivers, however I am sure we can help you here in this forum (as long as you buy HP).

It might be difficult to install Windows 7 if you have no DVD in the PC as you will need to insert USB drivers into the pendrive to install. However this is possible and you can get help here. I would definetly consider getting an SSD as it greatly changes the performance of the system (much faster in day to day activity).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 0 0
Message 20 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

I have ordered the bs542tu model as the 7th gen is too costly on Hp site , although its less then 6th gen price on Amazon India.

But still i am waiting for HP to provide full configuration which they say , do not have and waiting to get the details from singapore. They are also telling some thing weired that if i open the laptop box then i cannot be returned . So it has become very difficult until they share something in writing. Even I do not know how to esclate this to HP management

Can u tell from where we can see if the model has two ram slots or single .

There is a link  here which is also telling 1 DImm

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/laptops/HP-15-BS542TU-2EY84PA-Laptop-Core-i3-6th-Gen4-GB1-TBDOS

Regards

Vikas

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation