Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have this on screen at the HP network check.Says root cause..port issue(316)

I have no connection out through my broadband,I am offline.

Please help.

HP  Pavillion.3 months old.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey Jaksparow,

For not being able to connect to your broadband service, and an issue with port (316). I have included the document 'How to Connect to the Internet'. This will take you through different troubleshooting options, using the automated tool, checking firewalls, and checking with your internet service provider (ISP).

If this document does not help to resolve the issue, please provide me with the full model number of your computer. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows you are running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have the same problem after using (pisphon3) I have HP pavilion 15-n037se windows 8
HP Recommended
Cannot connect to internet Shows port 316 don't know what to do. I am a novice on computers. Thanks
HP Recommended
My tool bar says I'm connected but can't get on the internet
HP Recommended
Did you fix this? I have the same problem. I have internet access full signal but opening a page in google is blank plus can't send emails etc.
HP Recommended

Reset Internet settings

To prepare Windows for troubleshooting and to resolve most issues that are related to Internet browsing, reset Internet settings, as follows:

1. Close any open Internet Explorer windows.

2. Click Start (Start), Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet.

Network and Internet

Network_and_Internet

1. Click Internet Options.

The Internet Properties window opens.

1. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Reset button.

Reset button on the Advanced tab of the Internet Properties window

Reset_IE_Advanced_tab 

A Reset Internet Explorer Settings window opens.

1. Read the information on the screen, select Delete personal settings box, and then click Reset.

Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Reset IE settings

1. After Windows resets the Internet Explorer setting, click Close.

HP Recommended

Fantastic! This solve our Port 316 issues! Thank you... www.doctorzed.com

DoctorZed Publishing
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.