Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi my printer hp officejet pro 6960 is showing off line how can i sort it pl

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WAIEL

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which Operating system is installed on your computer?

Printer offline means that the printer is not connected to a wireless network. Let us follow these steps:

Step 1: Connect the printer to a Wireless network

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Note: Make sure the printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network. This printer supports only a 2.4GHz network.

Step 2: Install the printer on the computer

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver. Make sure to choose your Operating system before downloading.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try to Print.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.