Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17t-w100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a week ago, I got home from traveling (with my laptop) and my laptop stopped being able to connect to any networks. I've tried with multiple different Wifis and have used my Ethernet. I have already checked and know that it is not an issue with my modem/router, and am able to connect on all of my other devices. I have already checked my Power management settings, I have tried the Ipconfig /release /renew solutions, and all other solutions in post such as these https://windowsreport.com/fix-no-internet-secured-wifi-issue-windows-10/

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you used the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utility to test the WIFI?

Press the power button from an OFF state and immediately  tap the F2 key to invoke the diagnostics.

Click on Component tests and then Network test. In the latest iteration  (Version 7.6.0.0) of the PC Hardware Diagnostics Utility UEFI , you can test the Wired Network, Wireless Module and the WWAN Module if one is installed.

I have always kept  different options available.

I have a USB WIFI dongle to plug into a port on a notebook  to use and compare. The dongles are quite inexpensive. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

When I attempted to run the network test, I received the message: 
UEFI Networking does not appear to be supported or enabled on the system. Please check the BIOS settings to make sure UEFI network option ROMs are enabled and that UEFI network boot is enabled." However, i cannot find consistent answers on exactly how to correct this so that i may run the network test. I also bought a usb Wifi adapter, and am having the same "No Internet, secured" issue. Once again, none of my other devices are having issues, including my other notebook.

HP Recommended

Did you run the other tests that I suggested that you run?

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility to test the wireless adapter is going to be a must.

If you use a USB dongle to access the internet then you should first disable the installed adapter by way of the Device Manager.

Let me know once you have done the test. 

After you give me those results, we can proceed with resetting the network stack and its configuration via the command line interface.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.