Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I did a reinstall yesterday morning.  Once it completed, I ended up at the black screen.  So I did the sequence of selecting Windows 10 as the default OS and it began booting w/o user intervention.  Then I tried Windows Update and got the error with the single update.   

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

(1) Last try:

Download Windows 11 (Current release: Windows 11 2022 Update l Version 22H2)

ub6424_0-1664732863733.png

(2Please report your results

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I want to create a back up of the current Windows 10 configuration on the laptop (and all personal data, desktop, etc).  That way if the Windows 11 update doesn't work, I can revert to where I am today without having to reload personal data, etc, 

Can you give me some guidance on the best way to do this.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

Take time, read and follow the <Microsoft> variant:

How to make a full backup of your Windows 10 PC

See section:

- How to create a backup with system image tool on Windows 10

- How to restore a backup with system image tool on Windows 10

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I created the installation media and then started the install.  This page came up and I wasn't sure what to do.  Clicking (Show Details) says that the partition needs to be formatted in NTFS.  Do I tell it to reformat the SYSTEM partition?

IMG_0900.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

Choose Drive 0 Partition 3

ub6424_0-1664981952970.png

HP Recommended

Windows 11 is working perfectly.  Windows update works as well and all updates have been downloaded and successfully installed.

Thank you for all of your help and not giving up on me. 

I hope you have a great day!!

Mark

HP Recommended

@daviesma wrote:

Windows 11 is working perfectly.  Windows update works as well and all updates have been downloaded and successfully installed.

Thank you for all of your help and not giving up on me. 

I hope you have a great day!!

Mark

Hello @daviesma 

You're welcome !

Create Windows system <restore point> to save the current stable state !

Description: Window 11 Setup done by the great Mark

How to Create a System Restore Point on Windows 10 or Windows 11

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.