Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

(1Right-click on Windows <start menu> and choose PowerShell (admin) or command (admin)

(2) Click Yes when asked if you want to allow this app to make changes.

(3) Enter each command below. Hit enter after each one. If a command fails, just continue with the next one:

arp -d *

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

(4Reboot your computer and check if you have internet access

(5) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

@daviesma wrote:

Is there a way I can reset windows back to its in version level when we purchased it?  If so, I can save everything on the laptop.  

Yes you can ...

(1) Backup <all> personal data (documents/pictures/videos etc...) to external <USB hard drive>

(2Please reinstall your operating system !

You need to prepare bootable <USB flash drive>

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10

Take time and read --->>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

( All Software and drivers from HP are included )

Information: Your product number is supported: 1G132UA#ABA

ub6424_1-1664438910173.png

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

I successfully completed all commands and rebooted.  No change.

I will now try resetting windows back to its original software version.

Mark

HP Recommended

@daviesma wrote:

I successfully completed all commands and rebooted.  No change.

I will now try resetting windows back to its original software version.

Mark

Thanks for reporting, keep me updated

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I can't download the HP Cloud Recovery Tool because I cannot get Microsoft Store to run.  When I scroll down the app directory to the Microsoft Store app, it has a White Line below it.  I never seen this before on an app.  I Pinned it to Start and it is shaded out, like it hasn't been loaded yet.

Frustrating day.

I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

I can download the HP Cloud Recovery Tool on my desktop.  Can I download the new boot image using the PC and then plug it into my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

Ask a friend/neighbor/acquaintance who is good with computers.<HP cloud recovery> tool can run on any other Windows computer and create the <USB flash drive> for your computer model.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

I created the USB successfully and then did the Hp System Recovery with the USB drive.The recovery ran for about 40-50 minutes and now it seems to be stuck at this point.  I have attached a picture of the screen it has been on for about an hour.  I have tried pressing the enter, tab , ESC and F8 keys and all are non-responsive.

IMG_0879.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @daviesma 

(1) Press and hold <power> button until notebook switches off

(2) Power on notebook

HP Recommended

I tried power down and power back up.  It goes straight to the Windows Boot Manager page which is unresponsive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.