Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ae100 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Want to change your wireless adapter that only works in the new range of 2.4 GHz that can run on 5 GHz. Could you tell me the model from Broadcom or Intel (preferably a few)
My laptop is the HP envy 15-ae100ur (energy star)
ARTICLE N7J63EA#ACB
wireless adapter adapter Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M. 2 adapter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your notebook has an antenna configuration that only works with 1x1 wifi adapter modules. 

With that in mind, I suggest the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 does have 2.4 & 5GHz band capability plus bluetooth.

You can get one on eBay for about $10.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160-3160NGW-802-11AC-WiFi-Bluetooth-4-0-NGFF-C...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your notebook has an antenna configuration that only works with 1x1 wifi adapter modules. 

With that in mind, I suggest the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 does have 2.4 & 5GHz band capability plus bluetooth.

You can get one on eBay for about $10.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160-3160NGW-802-11AC-WiFi-Bluetooth-4-0-NGFF-C...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank you for such a quick response.
what are models, how am I going to shift antenna. I don't like those that are very bad to catch the network. (a problem precisely not in the adapter)

HP Recommended

I answered the question you had about what to use.

Changing the antenna to a 2x2 type, which would involve disassembling the screen assembly, is beyond the intended scope of this forum.

This is the official HP global support forum. and not a how-to modify my notebook website. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.