Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

Pavilion g4-2309tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?

my pc configuration is:

HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#Smiley Very Happy4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

4 REPLIES
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4523 383 1595
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

0 Kudos
shawonchy94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my wifi was working very good.but two days ago installed a software called connectify hotspot.after using this software for two days the problem over heating in wifi adapter started.

0 Kudos
shawonchy94 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have opend the wifi adapter from my laptop and found that some plastic part below the adapter has brunt out.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @shawonchy94

You had said in your last post "i have opend the wifi adapter from my laptop and found that some plastic part below the adapter has brunt out."

I would suggest that you use the following link to create yourself a case number:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

I hope that this helps! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation