Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

slow internet on laptop but not on other devices

HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

since a couple of days my (wireless) internet has been very slow on my laptop, youtube video's and netflix won't load and it usually takes less than a second to load a website but now it takes at least half a minute. My laptop seems to be the only one experiencing this problem because the internet on my brother his laptop and my phone works just fine.

I don't mind to admit that i have absolutely no knowledge about any of this so any kind of help would be very much appreciated 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

slow internet on laptop but not on other devices

Greetings @melani1

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a slow internet speed on your computer. 
Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Would you be kind enough to provide the exact product/model number of your computer? Click here. (Please do not share the serial number of your computer.)

Request you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated. 

Restart your computer and check the internet speed. 

If the issue persists, please shut down the computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Please run a system test on your computer to make sure all the components are working correctly. Click here for assistance. 

If all the test pass, please try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation