rahul_kande Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to connect to hotspot created in my hp laptop

First of all I want to make one point clear :

My problem is regarding devices not able to connect to the hotspot created by my laptop and NOT that my laptop is unable to connect to wifi .

Problem :

I live in IIT campus and hence i will be getting college proxy intenet . My laptop is HP Pavilion Notebook PC and is hardly  9 months old. I tried to create wifi hotspot in my laptop to connect my mobile device to it  , i could proceed upto creating the hotspot but unable to connect it to my mobile (Nokia Lumia 520 -Windows 8.1)or tablet(Dell Venue 8 - Android Kitkat 4.4.2) .

Here are some of the conclusions i have made depending on the behaviou of my laptop :

(Note: All the below conclusions are perfectly correct since i have tried each of them a 100 times and each time i got exactly the same result)

1)I tried various ways to create hotspot like

a)Directly using command prompt commands : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvK-6321ig

b)Using various softwares like Virtual router , connectify hotspot , mHotspot etc 

By any of the methods i got same results 

2)Once i create hotspot using any of the above mentioned means , both of my devices are able to detect them .

In my windows phone when i try to connect it , it says "cannot connect to the network" and the tablet shows "saved,secured with WAP " but when i ask it to connect , it remains in this state and doesnt proceed to connecting to wifi .

3)I tried the same software in one of my friends laptop which is exactly the same one as mine (it isnt difficult to find someone with a laptop same as mine since i live in a campus ) and found that both my windows phone and android tablet are connecting to the wifi !!! 

4)I tried to bring different mobiles of my friends and tried to connect them to my laptop wifi but none of them connected .

the above two points conclude that the problem is not with my mobile or tablet .

5)My laptop connects to other wifi networks without any difficulity , hence i cannot claim that my wireless hardware or software is not working .

Considering all these facts if anyone can help me find a way so that i can use the unlimited high speed internet provided by my college in my mobile and tablet i would be gr8ly thankful  since i dont want to buy a router to fulfill my purpose  even after purchasing a laptop worth Rs50,000/- 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
AbHi113 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to connect to hotspot created in my hp laptop

Hey bro. Even Im facing exactly the same problem as yours. My android phone shows authenticating when I try to connect but it never connects. Did you find any soltion till now for this?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation