Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c1000 (4B770AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

when I put a shortcut on 1 laptop computer it shows up on my other laptop computer. How do I stop this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KarlorJudy 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Sharing preferences across devices is not an "HP" thing -- it is a Windows thing.

Switch off Sync in Windows.

Windows 11

Settings > Accounts > Windows Backup > Slide OFF "Remember my preferences"

==============================

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon-Fur, I did that on both laptops and it is still adding the folder to both computers? I noticed when I add a new folder there is a cloud symbol on the folder?

HP Recommended

@KarlorJudy 

You are welcome.

Cloud based folders are not controlled in the same way as are shortcuts on the Desktop, for example.

If, for example, you are using OneDrive, folders and files - sync and backup - are managed are controlled in and by OneDrive.

There are lots of articles on the 'net.

From Microsoft:

Sync files with OneDrive in Windows 

and - includes some related information:

Back up your folders with OneDrive 

More help: 

Click to ask for help at the Microsoft Community

OR

Click to Contact Us - Microsoft Support

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.