Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wi-fi is frequently disconnected.

i have tried the update driver but it shows it is up to date. 

please help me.

my adapter version is- 7.35.352.0

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Soudeep Did you try reinstalling the wireless adapter? (please do, if you haven't)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

1. Remove All Barriers: Certain building materials can get in the way of weaker signals like Bluetooth. Metal, bulletproof glass, concrete and plaster are particularly bad, and marble, plaster and brick aren’t great easy. So if you’re really struggling with interference, your first step should be to move your Bluetooth devices away from these materials. That means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks!

2. Change Router Channel: If you have an Apple router and you’re constantly getting interference with your WiFi, try rebooting it. Upon restart, the station will search for a new channel. Specifically, a different channel than the one your Bluetooth devices are using to communicate. If you don’t have an Apple router, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.

3. Move Closer to Your Router: If you often find that you’re getting interference when talking on a wireless headset while on a WiFi call (you’ll know because you’ll hear static), try moving closer to your router. This will give you a more robust WiFi connection, so the Bluetooth frequency can’t overpower it.

4. Get Away From Microwaves and Fluorescent Lighting: Both emit frequencies of 2.4GHz, and moving away from them will distance you from the source.

That said, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS.

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i tried the reinstalling the wireless adapter, but it resolve the problem. 

the problem is not in the wi-fi, problem is in the windows 10, i think.

please suggest solution. 

HP Recommended

@Soudeep I have suggested multiple solutions, did you happen to perform the rest of the steps after the question about reinstalling the wireless adapter? Also, please reinstall the adapter and check if that works.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes i have tried that, but there is no remedy. 

Please suggest another something.

HP Recommended

@Soudeep Resetting the hardware on your wireless network in the proper sequence can resolve a variety of connection and performance problems.

1. Turn off your computer.

2. If your network includes a wireless router, wireless gateway, or wireless modem/router combination, disconnect the power cord from the router.

Disconnecting the power cord from the back of a router

3. If your network includes a separate broadband modem, disconnect the power cord from the broadband modem.

4. Wait at least 5 seconds, and then connect the power cord to the wireless router (and the broadband modem, if separate).

5. Wait until all the lights come on and reflect normal Internet and PC activity. If the lights on the broadband modem indicate a problem, review the following list of options for help.

• If all lights are off after reconnecting the power, check the power source by plugging the power cord into another power outlet. Service or replace your broadband modem if it cannot be turned on.

• If only the power light is on and the remaining activity lights are off or show no activity, a network connection is not being detected. Make sure the cable carrying the Internet signal is connected to the broadband device. Make sure Internet cables coming into your residence have not been damaged or disconnected. You might need to contact your Internet service provider if other people in your area are also experiencing Internet outages.

• If the Internet or Online light consistently blinks and does not indicate an online connection is available, the problem likely resides with your Internet service provider. Either wait until service is restored or contact your Internet service provider for further assistance.

6. Turn on your computer and wait until Windows opens. If you are using a notebook computer, follow the steps in How to Power Reset your Laptop​, and then continue with these steps.

7. Wait until Windows automatically connects to your wireless Internet network.

8. If Windows does not automatically connect, click the wireless connection icon  in the notification area on the taskbar, and then select the name of your wireless network, and then click Connect.

A window might open prompting you for a password or push button connect actions depending on the type of security you are using.

Advanced Wi-Fi troubleshooting

If your computer still does not connect to the wireless network after using the steps in this document, refer to the advanced troubleshooting steps in HP PCs – Advanced Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10).

Keep me posted with the resutls.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.