cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

wifi adapter & W10

HP Recommended
pavilion 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 15 notebook has turned an occasional WiFi fault into a regular one. The wifi drops out and there is nothing in network settings about wifi at all. Device manager will occasionally show the wifi adapter, realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n, but usually it isn't even there. On the odd ocasion it shows up, properties says there is a problem with this device - this device doesn't exist. Great. Realtek are hopeless as they seem to provide no support. I cannot roll back drivers, installing new ones doesn't work and system restore doesn't fix it. Can I replace it with one that actually works? Do I need a specific type? This problem is likely to result in the laptop taking an unauthorised flight to the bottom of my garden if not resolved as I am an angry ginger person who wants things to just do their job, it's not as if it needs to do much.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,782
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @fuxake

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how the wireless is malfunctioning with your HP Pavilion 15 printer. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10). If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this guide helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Level 3
Level 3
33 33 2 7
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The latest release of Windows 10 will allow you to roll back drivers.  Have you recently received that update?

I'm an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The option is there but blanked out. Driver version is 2023.30.301.2016. To be honest I'd rather replace it with a better one, I have no faith in Realtek's product as they obviously don't like me.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation