harimanjakala
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi cable missing

hp 2000-2313tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

long time i have been using windows 7 which have no drivers for wifi so i ignored wifi and used ethernet. i had a keyboard change from hp service centre under warreny period .now when i updated to windows 10 i updated my wifi driver and found not working seeking online help i gonna reset my wireless board and found 1 cable is missing and other is unplugged when i connected one my bluetooth began to work but still one wire missing . i have hp 2000-2d28 notebook which shows only one wire  on wireless card and fine working can u refer me a solution which i can do myself or is it better to take to an hp care?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi cable missing

Hi @harimanjakala,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you found the WiFi driver, so you want to connect the WiFi card to use the WiFi function.

Is the notebook needs to be fixed HP Pavilion g6-2313tu Notebook PC? If so, you can refer to this Maintenance and Service Guide. On Page 50, you will find the instruction of how to disassemble and assemble the WLAN module. From the maintenance and service guide: The 1/black WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 1/Main terminal. The 2/gray WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 2/Aux terminal. Which cable is missing? It could not be found in the laptop? You may need to find a match one.

If the laptop is still in warranty, it is better to contact HP support for repair.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. Cat Very Happy

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation