Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp dv76156sp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have that model specified ana i want to know if hp sps 710661-001 ( intel ac 7260) works fine ) because the ralink model now works very bad

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any wifi card but the original one that came with your PC from working.

If you want dual band AC, you will need to purchase a USB dual band AC adapter.

They make some pretty small ones nowadays that hardly stick out of the USB port.

This one for example, even has bluetooth.

Amazon.com: USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600mbps Dual Band 2.4G/5G Wireless WiFi Dongle Network Card ...

HP Recommended

but it should have some few more models witch may work

HP Recommended

There won't be any that support dual band N wifi, or dual band AC wifi.

HP Recommended

what about single band?

HP Recommended

Here is the link to the service manual.

Chapter 3 has the list of supported wifi cards.

c02842278 (hp.com)

You have to know a few things...

1. Some of the part numbers/descriptions listed in the manual are incorrect.

2.  Most of them won't work on W10, assuming the BIOS even lets them work,

As I stated before...the only card that will most likely work is the original Ralink card, because your notebook is not a configured to order model where the BIOS allows for a few different model cards to be installed.

You must buy a card that has the HP part number on it or it will not work.

You are fighting a losing battle here, and all I am trying to do is to save you money and wasted time.

HP Recommended

i thin k will go to 655795-001 Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter is the best

HP Recommended

I hope it works, but I have my doubts.

If the BIOS doesn't reject it, read my fix for how to get the BT to work on W10...

Solved: Re: my bluetooth is not searching any devices.I tried everyt... - HP Support Community - 788...

HP Recommended

its on the manual.yes but that driver manual install ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.