goomie54
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi disappears whenever laptop suddenly turns off

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i'm not exactly sure what is causing this but almost every time my laptop is shut down, the wifi disappears. the way i fix it is by running the troubleshooter for hardware and it says to restart so it can redownload the drivers but it's annoying considering i have to do this every single time it shuts off. plus, sometimes it gets so bad i have to restore my laptop to a different point in time because the troubleshooting doesn't work sometimes.

i don't know if it's a virus or something else on my laptop that's doing this but i would really like for it to be fixed since it's extremely annoying and repetitive to be dealing with.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi disappears whenever laptop suddenly turns off

Hi @goomie54,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer not saving setting on the computer shutdown and a restore will temporarily fix the issue. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the following links

Keep losing internet connection after going to Windows 10

HP PCs - Using Microsoft Security Essentials to Protect Against Viruses and Spyware
About Spyware, Adware, and Browser Hijacking Software

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation